Dwarf Gourami Carnage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sly_Fra

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

had a peaceful 35Gal with a couple of Pearl Gourami, 2 Female Betta, and 10ish Neon Tetra.

Wanted to add a bit more, and I love Dwarfs, and the local petstore had an over stock and were almost giving them away (2$ each). I read quite a bit and many source confirm that Gourami of the Colisa type were OK with the Trichogaster type. So 3 weeks ago I got a couple of Dwarfs.

So far, no sign of Iridovirus, which is great. Water parameters are great as well (pH 7.2, Temp 78, PPS-Pro fert + CO2 inject, low nitrates). The Pearl and Dwarf don't really interact, which is also great.

But my population of Neon has steadily decreased... Since the only difference is the addition of the Dwarfs, can they be beating the crap out of the Neon? The Dwarf Males are territorial, and the Neon have very similar colors. Can this provoke my male dwarf?

If so, would I be better of removing the Neon and getting other tetras (different colors), like Rasboras for example?

Thanks for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom