Dwarf Gourami With Fin Rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maracyn will kill my plants, and maybe my beneficial bacteria. I don't wanna take a chance with that. Thanks!

Yeah, that wouldn't be good. Did you move him to your smaller tank?

He isnt eating the medicated parasite food. I mashed it up along with so me brine shrimp and froze it in a small cube thing, hopefully he'll eat that.

I've never heard about doing that... very interesting! I hope he goes for it!

So, I thought I had the maracyn two(I started Salt because the lfs didn't have it) then I open the box and it's some thing called coppersafe. I returned it and made sure I had the right stuff. But anyway, I added salt also and it was amazing, it looked so much better overnight, with just salt!

I did the last maracyn treatment today. Im gonna put it back I the main tank tomorrow night or Monday. It's amazing how much better he looks. The fins are still torn, but not getting worse. I'm going to do water changes every day!

That's great to hear! :D

I'm a bit confused though. Why were you doing daily pwc's when you were dosing meds? Did you do that when you were using Melafix? If you did, that could be why it didn't work. With Melafix you do a pwc before beginning treatment, then you don't do one until after the treatment is complete. This allows the daily treatment to slowly build up in the tank.

Regardless, he's showing improvement and that's all that matters! ;)

I am going to put him in the main tank and do daily pwc's. I wasn't doing them during the treatment. I should hav e clarified that! :)

I am going to put him in the main tank and do daily pwc's. I wasn't doing them during the treatment. I should hav e clarified that! :)

Now, see, I knew you knew better than to do that! I just wanted to make sure. ;)

I have now doubt that he's going to be happy to be back home! Nice work, my friend!! (y)

Thank you so much for all of your help! He wouldn't have gotten better if it wasn't for your tips and advice!

Back
Top Bottom