Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami 0 don't think he is going to make it. NOticed earlier today that he was not as "zippy" as he usually is. when I was doing my water change this morning he kinda got caught in one of the floating plants but then freed himself. since then he has not looked very well. did another water change just a few minutes ago and he is kinda laying on his side :nono: sure wish he would perk up!! are dwarf gouramis not as hardy as my other fish? I have been doing water changes and staying on top of the ammonia but it is higher than what everyone would want. I have fry in the tank as well and I didn't know how much water changes I could do to all them. is the correct answer "as many as it takes to get the ammonia down"?
If he makes it through the night will I be able to save him through enough water changes?

From what ive read on this site DG's have not been getting the best reputation lately.How long have you had him?

But with the ammonia spikes, the short answer is that yes you need to do enough waterchanges to keep it down at a low enough level

Back
Top Bottom