Dwarf Puffers...Do yours eat anything but bloodworms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savga

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't found anything they like except bloodworms (frozen and freeze dried) and the occasional pond snail. Has anyone had any luck with any type of dry food?

Sorry but most puffers do not eat flake food. I've never heard of dwarfs eating flakes, only the brackish green spotted puffer which I have. Mine will eat pellets that contain anything naturally in it's diet. Don't be mistaken, most don't actually eat flakes or pellets but every now and then some will get less finnicky eaters.

I've found that mine won't eat anything that isn't moving! I feed them live brine shrimp and black worms. Good thing they're so darn small, otherwise it might cost a lot!

Brine shrimp isn't very nutricious--mostly water. Are there any additives to the frozen ones?

Mine live exclusively on snails. no lfs close to me with decent bloodworms, and all my tanks are planted, so I have snails galore. Since spring is finally here, I'll try them on some very small earthworms soon, bet they go for that.

i use to get the adult but now im getting baby brine shrimp.. dont they hvae lots of nutrients?

Back
Top Bottom