Dwarf puffers not in stock through LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because puffers don't eat food that will really "absorb" medication, like flakes or pellets, you'd really just be adding the medicine at the same time as the food. And yes, I would do 1.5 tsp. Be sure to remove any carbon from your filters while treating.

Just ordered the Prazipro from Drs. Foster and Smith. How long after I get the puffers should I treat them? I'd like them to get accustomed to the tank and be not so stressed when I treat them. If they look like they are already in good shape, can I wait a week before treating them?

Just spoke with a guy at the fish store where I'm going to get the puffers from and they are not wild caught. He saw no reason for me to deworm them. I ordered the Prazipro before talking to him today, so I will have it on hand, just in case. Can't wait to pick them up on Saturday. I'll post pictures once they are settled into their new home! :)

I'd ask if he got them from a local/trusted breeder. Lfs people have been known to "bend" the truth into a fast sale.

Agree with Brookster and nirbhao, trust lfs's less all the time. Would treat them as well.

Ok, will do. My order from Drs. Foster and Smith with the Prazipro should be delivered right before I get them on Saturday, so I'll treat the tank as soon as I've introduced them to it. Thanks everyone for your replies! Also, after treatment, how many days should I wait to do a water change and vaccum (in case they expel any dead worms)?

I believe the bottle says two days.

I adore our pea puffers. I could watch them all day long. I hope you enjoy your new underwater helicopter puppies.

I believe the bottle says two days.

I adore our pea puffers. I could watch them all day long. I hope you enjoy your new underwater helicopter puppies.

Believe me, I'm driving my husband and our 14 y/o crazy talking about them all the time! Like I've said, I've had them before, but it was a few years ago, and I can't wait to pick them up on Saturday!! It's like Christmas! :ROFLMAO:

I'll be posting pictures galore!! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom