Dwarf Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cupcakes.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, at first i was gonna get "Green Spotted Puffers" but i've only been having FW tanks. So I looked, and looked. and found a FW puffer to fit in a ten gal. And i found a dwarf puffer. I thought it was the cutest thing i had ever layed eyes on. I took a look at there diet.
This is were my questions come into play:
I was gonna feed them pond snails.
Well, do i feed them that everyday? If so how many should i buy to start out with.? You know so they breed?
Are they just treats? And bloodworms. I have freeze-dried bloodworms. Will they like that, or just frozen?
So what do i feed them everyday?
Pondsnails?
Freeze-dried bloodworms
Frozen bloodworms.

I'm planning to get 3 dwarfs and an oto.
i know the 1male to 2 female but the thing is. at the LFS there just babbies. how do i tell them apart?

Dwarfpuffers.com will generally tell you everything you need to know. (telling the different sexes,etc..) buy say 4 pond snails put them in a small bowl/jar and they will breed readily. Only feed them snails 2-3 times a week. Bloodworms sound great.

As i said. I diid lots of research.
Thank god i stumbled across that website! It was one of the most helpful resources.
And thanks for clearing the diet problem.
I MIGHT get them tommrrow.
If they have them in stock..

Guessing your tank's cycled, has a sand substrate,and many plants?

Correct you are. ^^ :D
Im a little ticked.
I called the store not even two days ago and asked:
"Hello.. Do you have Dwarf Puffers in stock..?"
"Yes, we do!"
"Thanks!"

Now today:
"Hello, do you have Dwarf Puffers in stock..?"
"No, we do not. We are having them in stock tommrrow at four."

FOUR!?
Well i get home after school about that time but still like geez.. how could people buy dwarf puffers SO FAST?!

Back
Top Bottom