dying fish!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the0perator

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank with two fish in it(delta blue guppy and dalmatian molly). Everything was great but was beginning to see little nips at the tail with red at the tips. I thought the guppy had a bacterial infection so i went to the store to pick it up. when i got home i saw a terrible sight, the tail was a nub and by then i relized i had to separate. I moved the injured into another bowl(its dechlorinated and treated). I can tell he isn't going to make it though. hes just laying on the bottom breathing. I don't want to watch him suffer though! Is there a graceful way to put him out of his pain?

Clove Oil I believe can be used. I haven't tried, but I read it on here.

Going forward a Dalmation Molly is not suitable for a 10g. Mollies are very active fish and get large. Most should be in 30g or larger.

They often act semi-aggressive esp in cramped quarters.

I would return or rehome the Molly and test your water then come up with a stocking plan. People here can offer ideas or help pick more suitable fish for 10 gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Guppies should really be raised in species only tanks, especially only a 10g.
Mollies are teritorial, males and females, they are very agressive and need a big tank all to themselves. Guppies are very curious, and im sure the mollie attacked the little guppy.
Clove oil is a sedative, you find it at health food or nutrition stores. Put a few drops in a gallon of water and stir, then drop the fish in. It sedates them. After its passed out, drop it in some ice water.

Back
Top Bottom