Dying??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far hes still olay, getting fed alot.

Is this breeder net stressing him out you think?

Mumma.of.two said:
Does he seem stressed? If he's eating and improving it can't be that bad. :)

He didnt move much to begin with, so id say he looks okay! I just hope im not missing anything and this is harming him!

I dont know if our little guy is going to make it... He was in his breeder net, so i let him out for a minute of so to dump out all of the flakes that floated to the bottom and immediatly i could tell how much weaker he is compared to the others. Upon closer examination i saw that he seemed pale, still very skinny, and his gills/side of his head seemed red. I trie to get a few pics, but it was very difficult because he wouldnt move from the corner. Hes back in the breeder net again..

Sorry to see that, I guess all you can do is keep trying to nurse him back to health. :(

I unfortunately don't really know what maybe ailing your poor little guy.

Thanks! He swims and all, but doesnt seem to be getting any fatter which worries me :( hopefully things get better because it has only been a week

Yeah, I am really sorry to hear he is not improving like i hoped he would. I don't have any more ideas about possible ailments either. :(

Yea, he really hasnt fattened up. Definitly makes me think its an inside-thing

He is still hanging out though!

Yeah, sounds like some kind of internal parasite. You might could try infusing his food with garlic somehow. The fish love the taste of the garlic and it has natural antibiotic properties to help clean out any bugs.

Yeah, the garlic is a good idea. I have had a really hard time with this sort of thing in the past if it ever affected a fish because its just impossible to know exactly whats going on.
Is he still hanging in there ok?

:/ i havent seen the tank in about 17 hours, and im walking home from practice so i will give you an update in about an hour! I hope this guy makes it!!

What are you feeding? You might could get some minced garlic and soak his flakes/pellets in some of the oil. Try feeding him that for about a week and see if anything changes. I don't know if it will do anything for him, but it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom