Easiest to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shoelessdan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really want to breed a fresh water fish. I tried minnows, but nothing is happening with them :|

What is another fish that is fairly easy to breed?

And witch breed fastest :D

Guppies! They're the rabbits of the fish world :) I've heard that convict cockles breed really quickly too, but haven't actually had any experience with them.

Guppies! They're the rabbits of the fish world :) I've heard that convict cockles breed really quickly too, but haven't actually had any experience with them.

I think i might try guppies :) , i read that once a female gets pregnant it still takes a month to have the fry, is that true?

Just spotted my previous post said convict cockles! It's supposed to say convict cichlids. Stupid autocorrect!!

haha no wander i couldnt find that fish on google images :p

That sounds exciting though, im hoping my local petsmart will have one thats already pregnant. Then after that, next time i would actually find ones that i liked and let them mate :)

I wish i would of tried breeding sooner, it seems like alot of fun :)

I'm getting excited about seeing what colours the guppy fry will be as they were pregnant when I got them. The first time we had fry was a surprise :) we came into the room on Christmas morning and found tiny black mollies swimming around. We had no idea that mummy was pregnant. It was the best Christmas present :D

Mollies are really easy to breed, just have 3-4 females and 1 male and hey presto. Can guarantee at least 1 is pregnant at a time lol 2 of mine have just give birth and another is already pregnant!

Platties and swordtails breed easily as well. You can even cross breed the two.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

My money's on mollies. I couldn't get those things to stop! fresh water, salt water, didn't matter to them. They kept going.

Back
Top Bottom