Eclipse 2 Light Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a tight budget and want to know how would i upgrade the light on my Eclipse 2 top. Im running 2-15w bulbs now in a 25gallon tank, one is white and the other one is blue. Does that mean its still 30w im running? Is there a link i can look at in how i can change my top. I heard about the retrofit kits but where can i find them? and how much lighting i should have in my 25gallon if i have corals like a frogspawn and i would like to have an amemone too.

I think 25 gallon is a little small for a full on reef tank. The water parameters will change very rapidly, and what is a very small problem in a larger tank, will be catastrophic in a smaller tank. I think the Eclipse top is pretty limited as to what their wattage rating is. Look on the paperwork it came with or on the actual top for a sticker that says maximum wattage.. Probably going to have to make a mini canopy or purchase a different hood type lighting system. ( im not even sure if anyone makes them for such a small tank.

You can always find a pendant MH unit and clip it on the tank if you want to house pretty much any coral you want...

schoeplein said:
You can always find a pendant MH unit and clip it on the tank if you want to house pretty much any coral you want...

but my eclipse 2 top will be a waste and i have need a skimmer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom