Egg laden tiger barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackwagon

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Me of my larger barbs has distanced his/her self from my other 6. She is the biggest of them all and now seems she has eggs. None of my other baba look like this. Whenever the other barbs get close she chases them away. Seems to be guarding a piece of driftwood.

Attachments

• image-73895507.jpg
    image-73895507.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 79
  • image-683414828.jpg
    image-683414828.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 72
Do you think she is going to lay her eggs soon. I'm going to be out of town until Sunday.

What is the White things on the side of the driftwood ? How long has she been like that? Is their any males in the tank? And she probably should of laid them when they spawned ? I think lol :D

The white stuff has been on there for 10+ years when my dad used it for his fish tank.

Oh okay. Haah lol time then. I'm not an expert but maybe in the next week or so. :s

Barbs scatter their eggs at the end of spawning. They don't protect them or defend egg laying territory. I suspect something different is going on. She may be egg bound or something.

Ok after some research that's what I thought. None of my other barbs seem interested in her though. Maybe another one will fertilize her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom