Eheim out of commission.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Fish stores open at 12:00 till then my 75 gallon is unfiltered is that ok? It will be unfiltered for about 4 hrs total. I have a tiny air stone or I can move some bosemani's out of QT and into this tank and throw their AquaClear50 on it.

That isn't a lot of time and your stock should be okay.

Run the air stone if you are super worried about them. If the rainbows aren't ready to be released from QT I wouldn't add them to the tank

Nothing to worry about ... Unless you are EXTREMELY, GROSSLY, NEGLIGENTLY overstock, there's should be enough O2 in there for hours. An airstone and running a spoon along the surface will create enough agitation for additional gas exchange.

Should be just fine. I accidentally left everything off in my 75g for an entire 24 hours once, was no issue.

No I don't think I am overstocked. I think I am the opposite 10 Flames, 10 Red Eye, 4 Fals Julii and 7 Peppered. It is cleaning time but I wasn't sure about changing it w/out being able to turn the filter on soon after. I will definintely change when filters are repaired replaced. Thank god I have a Eheim 2217 lying around LOL just not tubes. The 2073 needs replacement parts. Bah!

Thanks All!

I'd say your tank has a relatively low bio-load so your fine. Are you looking to buy a replacement filter ... in which case the media just transfers over ... or get a new model?
In that case you may be able to transfer some of the media from your old filter.

Four hours will not be a problem. I just went three and a half days without power and fish survived. I gave all filters a thorough cleaning with my weekly 50% PWC yesterday. Good luck fixing the filter, I'm running an Eheim 2217 and haven't had any problems with it.

Ah if I had known then what I know now :) getting tubing at home depot to try it out.

This tank came off of CL with an Eheim Pro 3 (2073) and it was leaking but when we were working on it the Adapter Valve broke so I have to order one.

I have a 2217 for some corner bow front tanks I bought but haven't set up yet so it can be backup until the other canister is fixed.

Back
Top Bottom