Electric Yellow Lab HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshbou56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

I just noticed something on my electric yellow lab. I attached pictures of what is going on. It's a bit darker red than what the pictures show. I'm sure it's some type of fungal infection. The lab was my first cichlid I have ever had. So this fish is very important to me (not that my other ones aren't). But if you guys could give me a diagnosis. As well what I need to do to treat him. Any help will be much obliged. Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• image-1518933298.jpg
    image-1518933298.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image-843357353.jpg
    image-843357353.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1865108194.jpg
    image-1865108194.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 94
Where exactly should we be looking? Any strange behavior?

At his gills. I know it's hard to see from the picture. But there is a little red bump around his gill. It's only on one side

Not much help, I'm quite new to this, but am now treating my tank for internal parasites... I would suggest watching him closely, look for any other possible signs of illness. Could be infection, could be nothing.. idk, maybe someone else has an idea, I just think the more you see/know the better gl!

What are your nitrate and ammonia levels?

How often do you do a water change?

I had the same issue with a few of my labs. I had bad water, high ammonia, high nitrate levels.

Back
Top Bottom