elephant nose fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munger22391

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55g that I want to add an elephant nose to, it has 2 senegal bichirs 6 and 8", a ropefish 12", bristlenose pleco 2", and a dragon blood peacock 5". The only thing im worried about would be the peacock and the elephant nose. The peacock is not aggressive but wanted to see if anyone has kept one sucessfully with an elephant nose

I wouldn't add an elephant nose. That is a delicate species that would be best alone

Would it be okay with out the peacock I might give it to my neighbor and get an african butterfly and the elephant nose my lfs will have both in next week

I have a 55g that I want to add an elephant nose to, it has 2 senegal bichirs 6 and 8", a ropefish 12", bristlenose pleco 2", and a dragon blood peacock 5". The only thing im worried about would be the peacock and the elephant nose. The peacock is not aggressive but wanted to see if anyone has kept one sucessfully with an elephant nose

Elephant nose need to be kept alone, the fish you have would harrass it. I have one which I've kept for nearly 2 years and he has the tank to himself no other fish in with him. These are species only fish sorry.

Dang well glad I asked the lfs told me it would be fine but they never give me good info. my bichirs and ropefish are really calm and even leave my bristlenose alone even though they could easily eat it. but What size tank do you have him in? I have a spare 10, 20, and soon to be 55g I would rather have one live a long and healthy life then take a chance at losing it

Dang well glad I asked the lfs told me it would be fine but they never give me good info. my bichirs and ropefish are really calm and even leave my bristlenose alone even though they could easily eat it. but What size tank do you have him in? I have a spare 10, 20, and soon to be 55g I would rather have one live a long and healthy life then take a chance at losing it

Mine is in a 53 gallon, so I would go with around that size. They're great fish to have rewarding when you get it right!

Back
Top Bottom