Em i ok to.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hyewiz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
this is my tank parameters after 2 months

its 2.5g pico with only live rock live sand and chaeto in the 300AC i have 1 snail and 1 crab.
i like to know if its ok now to start adding corals?

Temp.= 79.5
PH = 8.0
Ammonia= 0.0
Nitrite= 0.0
Nitrate= 0.0
Salinity= 1.025
dkh= 8 dKH

there is a slight change in KH it was 11 last week and today its 8
i have nothing in the tank except live rock live send 1 red-leg hermit and chaeto in the 300ac.
what do you think van i start adding corals, if yes whats the easy taking care one?

thank you

PH will be OK if you can keep it stable. Just remember that a reef tank that small that there is no room for error. What did you measure your salinity with?

melosu58 said:
PH will be OK if you can keep it stable. Just remember that a reef tank that small that there is no room for error. What did you measure your salinity with?

With Sybon Refractometer

Ok then it is probably right then. I was going to say that if it was with a hydrometer then it might be higher than that. Good luck on your tank.

no coral and the dkh went down 3 points in a week? If i remember correctly, isnt dkh exponential? Thats a pretty big swing to get with nothing using it up (unless the corraline algae on the LR used it, which I guess is entirely possible in a tank that teensy)

Other than that, looks like your good to go

definetly would start with hardy stuff like 'shrooms and see how they work out.

Back
Top Bottom