Ember Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
So after Joey died I didn't put any thing into the empty 5g tank. I added in ammonia every so often to keep the tank cycled (yes I did tests to make sure of it).

I want to know if I would be able to transfer my ember tetras to the empty 5.5g? I currently have only 2 of them. I had 6 but 2 died of mysterious reasons after I had just gotten them (I'm guessing stress, they looked to be the palest of the group) and 2 died because of the evil filter that I had idiotically put on there. I just want to know if I would be able to put the 2 of them in the tank and be able to get 6 more. They're currently in a 12g but I want to take that down and re-do it.

I've been reading conflicting information on here and on the web, and I really want to let them have a nice tank.

Thanks for any help!

I think 8 would be pushing it. 6 maybe. Then if you wanted to put them back in your 12g after re-doing it you could up your school and add something else small and suitable. What about a pair of sparkling gourami?

Rivercats said:
I think 8 would be pushing it. 6 maybe. Then if you wanted to put them back in your 12g after re-doing it you could up your school and add something else small and suitable. What about a pair of sparkling gourami?

Whoops! I meant have up to 6, I want to add 4 more! Thanks for catching that:). I'm still thinking about the 12g, but it just needs to be down for a good month or two. It needs a break, well me more than it.

Yeah I think six would be fine! I love these little guys, defiantly recommend them.

Samzter said:
Yeah I think six would be fine! I love these little guys, defiantly recommend them.
That's great! Thank you. Yeah, the two I currently have are great:) I feel horrible about not having more though, but hopefully the lfs will get some in soon.

bettaowner said:
I've seen a bright red ember tetra. Beautiful fish.
I agree! They look so pale and pathetic in the store but they're gorgeous when you bring them home:)

Whoops! I meant have up to 6, I want to add 4 more! Thanks for catching that:). I'm still thinking about the 12g, but it just needs to be down for a good month or two. It needs a break, well me more than it.

After your, I mean your tanks break, there are so many cool little fish you could do. Look into scarlet badis too. You could eventually have a pair of sparkling gourami's in the 5.5 and move the embers to the 12g with a pair of scarlet badis. Add some plants to those tanks and you'd have a couple georgeous tanks.

Back
Top Bottom