Emperor 280 HOB filter, how loud should it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmac

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got an Emperor 280 HOB filter hooked up to my new 30 gallon tall........If I turn off all other household noises, so its just me, the filter, and the tank, should I just be able to hear the trickling water from the return, or should I hear a slight to moderate buzzing/mechanical noise from the filter as well?

i just got a emp 400 and got it set up and it was loud very loud, i called the customer service line and they are sending me a new impeller and housing. they say it may not be molded correctly. not sure if i will keep it if it is not more quiet with new parts. make sure you try to seat the impeller properly and make sure everything is tight.

I have 2 Emperor 400's on my 55G and an Emperor 280 on my 26G. I do hear the sound of water flowing, and that's about it.

I have 2 emporer 280's and they are both quiet. The only time they make noise is either when I have the flow reduced by the grey lever, or ocassionally the impellor isn't totally straight in the socket. Make sure the water flow isn't on feeding bypass and then take the impellor out and make sure it is inserted straight into the plastic housing.

Back
Top Bottom