Emperor 280 - Media Cartridge.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tylermakin

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know there's a lot of you out there with experience with this stuff and possibly this filter, if you have any valuable input I'd be glad to hear it.

Hi! Can you please be a bit more specific on what information you are seeking in respect to this filter? Are you seeking more information on the cartridges themselves or changing them or using different media?

Using media, particular brand recommendations, what why ect.

I do not have this specific model but the larger 400 models. The room for media is fairly generous and leaves lots of options for media beyond just the standard carbon cartridges (which actually last many years). I use 'filter foam' (aq sponge) in addition to lots of filter floss (polyfill) most frequently but everyone has different methods for what works best in their tanks. Hopefully, some other people will chime in on other ideas! :)

I'm actually considering returning mine, I cleaned all the gunk out of it earlier and now it's making a light grinding noise.

It's still moving water great but it's loud.

I tried to reseat the impeller about 10 different times. Nothing seems to return it back to being only the sound of trickled water

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, these are the loudest filters I have ever owned. Replacing the impeller can help a bit and Marineland will replace them for free if you contact them. If the filter is brand new, you may want consider returning or exchanging it for another one or switching to a different brand if you are not happy with it.

Thanks for your feedback, I went to the big als in my city and bought an aqua clear 70 it's unbelievably quiet and way over rated for my tank, I also put a fluval per filter sponge and a glass top. I'm a very happy camper!

They returned the one I previously purchased for store credit.

I wanted to add extra media - matrix by seachem but they were all sold out currently. Only had giant 30$ tubs of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom