Endler's Livebearers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Be honest. In your experiences, do these guys create a level of waste that is even recognizable? I bought one of these little fellows to put in my 29g planted community, and it just seems to small to even make a difference in the bioload. I feel like I could put a whole school in my tank and the waste level would be the same as if they weren't in there. What do you think?

Yeah, you are right to a point that a school of them may not have a significant impact on your bioload. However, at some point you can add enough of them to have an impact. There is always the issue of how much space in the tank a school of them would take up, which probably won't be much in a tank that size.

Well my 29g is already almost stocked to the max, but I feel like I wouldn't have to really worry if I added a few more. Here's the current stock:

1 albino bushy nosed pleco
6 gold long finned zebra danios
2 platies
1 guppy
1 endlers
12+ cherry shrimp

It's planted with a large piece of driftwood and weekly 30-35% water changes.

I want to add a black moscow guppy, a killifish of some sort, some micro crabs, and now I'm thinking about more endlers.

I know this is quite a bit but I feel like I can handle it.

Back
Top Bottom