Erik's 90 gallons of furry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics as of today. I moved some corals around and brought back all of my SPS corals from a friends tank. Enjoy!

img_1460721_0_3b1ab58294256e0dcd9b4aba0b4990e8.jpg

img_1460721_1_b18a14eca6c52f53e0ea03b108583a59.jpg

img_1460721_2_6c2049fc716cdafebcf1ddba0570edbd.jpg

img_1460721_3_d6a0ba23c105f01f63a0de24f414900f.jpg

wow that looks like that was done fast!lol it looks absolutely beautiful, I also am doing a 90 gallon mixed reef build so this was an inspiration!

wow that looks like that was done fast!lol it looks absolutely beautiful, I also am doing a 90 gallon mixed reef build so this was an inspiration!

It was a 7 month build. I had just forgot to post on this forum. I was a swap from a 56 gallon I had.

This is what my 56 gal used to look like
img_1460785_0_3faa7aadd4dac190f79df8f5f1016f14.jpg

i can see y u got more room, yes those clams are awesome, how you put them in order of height, that would be funny if you didn't do that on purpose.

I now have six clams and am still on the hunt for more. I cut pieces of PVC and dremmeled out a v notch on them so the clams sat strait up on them and lined them up by size. I havent gotten around to putting the pvc pieces in the new tank.

How long did you wait on the 90 gallon before you transferred everything over? I know you just added the sps again but i'm referring to the softy/lps.

I really like the yellow in those toadstools.

The tank transfer was all done in one day. the corals were kept in a 29gal tote for 36hrs (the time it took the 90 to clear up) then all softies and LPS were put in the 90gal. I did have some casualties, 2 cleaner shrimp, 6 line wrasse, and my favorite a tailspot blenny. but I blame that on the carbon reactor not working properly. I had a small power head circulating water in the tote and a reactor with carbon to clean up all of the toxins that the leathersw were gonna release due to stress. The only problem was that the reactor quit working at night and I didnt find out until it was too late. I got it up and running and started a long acclimation process.

Love the clams! How hard are they to care for btw? Any special feeding required? What kind of lights were they under in your previous tank? I've been toying with the idea of getting one for my 125g. Just not sure if I have enough light. :)

Love the clams! How hard are they to care for btw? Any special feeding required? What kind of lights were they under in your previous tank? I've been toying with the idea of getting one for my 125g. Just not sure if I have enough light. :)

In my eight years of reefing I have only fed live phytoplankton for about a week with the intention of feeding corals but all that did was force me to clean the glass several times a day. the only thing I have dosed religiously is Alk, Mag, and Cal. I use Rod's Food and Marine quisine which have a very good variety of food sizes ranging from microns to chunks. I also have a sponge in my refugium that stays full with pods. I dunk the sponge in the display once a week at night to replenish the pods that the display has consumed.

In my old tank I had a 250w metal halide 15K and two 65w Power compact actinics Actinics running 8am to 8pm and Halides running from noon to 6pm.

Holy drool! That is an awesome tank! I love saltwater so much but I haven't dabbled in the art yet. The plumbing and extra work scares me right now since I have literally no extra time.

Your tank is absolutely gorgeous :)

Holy drool! That is an awesome tank! I love saltwater so much but I haven't dabbled in the art yet. The plumbing and extra work scares me right now since I have literally no extra time.

Your tank is absolutely gorgeous :)

Thanks, You dont have to go all out when you first start. you can get your feet wet with Hang on back Equipment.

This is my friends simple hang on back set up with very bare but high quality equipment, and it is 10 times better than mine. his equipment consists of HOB skimmer, HOB refugium and two vortech pumps (mp60 and mp40)
img_1462066_0_8fbf5ac12692c4bec1bad164204f854c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom