established aquarium looking to start over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrgolfball

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my tank going for about a year now (90 Gallon and a 20 Gallon), the 20 has over 20 platies in it and is doing very well, however the 90 started out with Gouramis in it and they have slowly been dieing off so I am starting over again, I still am going to keep the platies but will move them to the big tank and I have a couple of barbs left from the big tank I would like to keep in there as well. any thoughts on what fish work well with these, or any other starting over thoughts.

Thanks

What kind of barbs do you have? How many? Any gouramis left....if so, what types?

Then we can give you some suggestions based on the types of fish you already have.

A 90 gal can be utilized in so many ways. I'm not putting any particular fish down but it's a waste IMO to keep livebearer's of any sort in that sized tank.

Have you considered planting the tank and doing a biotope? You could do a SA or Asian theme and stock the tank with the fish representative of those regions.

A biotope would be great. You could do Asian, with the barbs if you want to keep them.

I'd get about 7 more rosy barbs, 4 more green barbs, and 7 more tiger barbs. Put the livebearers somewhere else, if you can. I'd get some loaches for the bottom. Yoyos, zebras, polka dot (angelicus), and kuhlies are good loach choices.

thank you for your replies, that gives me some great ideas. I will o some more looking around and see what I can find on the Asian themes.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom