Eventually Upgraded my Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, I have eventually installed my Fluval 205 external filter to my Roma 90 tank. So currently running the internal U2 along with the 205. How long would you suggest I keep them both running until I can remove the internal filter? Any tips to speed it along?

You could keep both going. You don't have to get rid of either. That's what I would do....but....if you really want to get rid of the internal you could put the used bio-filter from the U2 in the 205. That should stop any major cycling.

You could keep both going. You don't have to get rid of either. That's what I would do....but....if you really want to get rid of the internal you could put the used bio-filter from the U2 in the 205. That should stop any major cycling.

Thanks for the reply, my main reason for getting the external filter was to free up the space in the tank and because the 205 filter can cope up to 200 litres and my tank is only 90 I would think the 205 on it's own would be more than enough? I was going to ru them both for 2-3 weeks and seee how I get on that way.

Back
Top Bottom