Ever wanted new fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afurlow96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I started getting interested in fish keeping about two months ago and immediately jumped into it. While cycling my 10gal i was looking around for what fish i should get and which i want and how many i could hold, etc.
Before my tank was finished i planned on getting 6 black skirt tetra, 3 juli corys, and a dwarf gourami, well i did get the tetra and cory but not the gourami.
I was very pleased, but pretty soon i began to think that a tank will look better (and be easier to maintain) if it is understocked. Maybe 3 or 4 fish, rather than at or even pushing the limits.
Also, i completely looked over betta fish because thinking that was a very common starter fish, i didn't want one. Now that my tank is up and functioning, i sort of wish i would have gotten a betta and something like 3 neon tetra.

Anyone on here ever wanted something different than what they have? Also, i think i would set up my tank much differently than i currently have it.

Would i be able to change the layout of my tank that i have right now and would i remove the fish while doing so, or leave them in? Also, anyone that wanted different fish, what the heck do you do?! It's not as easy as just forget about it:ermm:

Each Betta is different. They say you shouldn't put make bettas with other shiny fish. Bettas don't like currents etc etc. but it depends on the fish. Mine doesn't mind being with other fish. I have three different Cory's and they were all fine together. But they are also different level fish. I have a ten gallon with filter and he honestly prefers to be in the three gallon by himself with no filter. So that's where he is. But if you put bettas with another fish you need to decide which one you want to keep either the Betta or the tetras. The odds of you did if all compatible fish on the first try is low.

But when you want to get all new fish you can see if the pet/fish store will give you credits for your fish. Or just buy another tank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We had this exact same problem we now have another tank !

When we first got our betta we put him in the community tank and he was an absolute horror ! So we got him his own tank (which we now use for the pregnant swords) one day the OH put him back in the community tank to clean his out and he now plays well with others so he's now in the community tank. He bobs about and you'll sometimes find him hanging out with the glass catfish or he swims near the top he hangs out with one of the Molly's. I find each fish has it's own personality and just depends on the individual :) I'm sure whatever choice you make will be the right one !

Back
Top Bottom