excited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really cool.

It so happened that my pleco is suspicosly digging around. Dug the sand all the way to ecocomplete, toppled one of the planters , cleaned it out of all the content and seem to make things comfy. All the surrounding areas are sprayed with sand.. Female already visited the place and the male is now sitting tight jumping at any Cory that stopps by.

I guess I might follow you and have some aditions shortly.

2v2J2tGZoxUHnUD.jpg

put a cave in there for them as if there is going to be eggs they need cover half a plant pot will do or just a rock with a small opening but big enough for them both to get in to or the eggs will be unprotected so other fish will eat them if out in open or other option if you have one put them in a tank of their own ...we did this as he chose the rock cave but our yellow lab female was always going it so moved them to another tank 24 hours later roughly there was eggs as soon as saw the eggs we took mum out so its just dad and babies ...its got no gravel etc at bottom just plain bottom bar the little bit of gravel that got in the net trying to get them out main tank lol

put a cave in there for them as if there is going to be eggs they need cover half a plant pot will do or just a rock with a small opening but big enough for them both to get in to or the eggs will be unprotected so other fish will eat them if out in open or other option if you have one put them in a tank of their own ...we did this as he chose the rock cave but our yellow lab female was always going it so moved them to another tank 24 hours later roughly there was eggs as soon as saw the eggs we took mum out so its just dad and babies ...its got no gravel etc at bottom just plain bottom bar the little bit of gravel that got in the net trying to get them out main tank lol

overnight the hole got bigger.
I don't want to disturb them at the moment so things will stay as they are for now. but once the planter has eggs on it I was thinking to just grab it and move that into another tank.

regardless of outcome I think I agree with the "excited" topic :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom