exodon tetra info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCooper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not alot of people have mentioned or talk alot about the exodon tetras. I did a search and nothing really come up.

Anyone have kept these Exodon Tetra before?? How larger do they get?
Some site said like 3 inches and some said even as big as 7 inches??

I was wondering can you keep only one Exdon tetra with some South Amercian Ciclids? In the site that I have read, they said you need at least 12 or more. They will kill each other if less than that, so I can just only keep one?

Exodon Paradoxus is quite an aggressive fish and can injur each other. I can only recall seeing them for sale just once, so they might be hard to find. Have you actually seen one PKooper?

Supposedly they seldom get over 4 inches in an aquarium so it depends what cichlids you're planning on mixing with them. If you like them and get them, I'd be interested in your experiences because they're a great looking fish and I don't think too much has been written about them.

Yes, I saw those Exodon tetras, everytime in my lfs(Big Al).

They always have it in stock and they are about 1.5-2 inches.

Some web site I read that the Exodon will eat Oscar, anyone know anything about that??

I've seen some exodon tetras. I think a group would help prevent aggression.

Anybody keeping exodon or have experience with them? A few videos on YouTube of them being fed. But not much else.

Back
Top Bottom