Exploding Mushroom???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would cause a mushroom to explode in my tank? It has been fine for 2 years now. It is one huge mushroom Polyp it looks like it is disinigrating??

Sudden shift in water parameters, contamination, or its body finally gave up battling other corals, water quality, etc.

Describe your tank....size, filtration, lighting, livestock, etc. and then also your current water parameters including ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, PH, alkalinity, and salinity/specific gravity. Also mention if you have done anything specific to the tank lately (abnormally large water change, reaching in the tank moving aquascape, etc.).

i just had 4 or 5 mushrooms on 1 rock just melt in 2 days wile the other half of the rock was fine dont know what happened but everything is fine now minus half a rock worth of mushrooms

Same scenario as above I would assume. Healthy mushrooms in proper environments rarely disintegrate unless something goes amiss in the tank or there is heavy competetion from a nearby coral (either chemical or physical aggression).

ive had several just melt away then in a couple of days come back. they shriveled up into a little piece of jerky and now their fine. not sure what caused this.

Back
Top Bottom