Exporting nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gubernaculum86

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the best way for getting rid of nitrates?
I know that's what PWCs are for and I've also heard chaeto does a really good job. While my nitrates aren't too high, between 20 and 40, right before I do my PWCs I would like to keep them lower.
I don't have a sump or fuge to put the chaeto in or I would try that. Any other ways to lower them?

Build a denitrifier, get Bio-Pellets and use a hang on reactor, use a remote DSB if you cant put it in the DT.

Lots of methods but most really should be sump based.

Bio-Pellets are a solid form of vodka dosing. Much easier and safer if directions are followed.

Building a denitritifier plans can be had all over the internet. Do a google search on coil denitrifier. They can be problematic and have caused tanks to crash in 24 hours after running fine for years.

Yeah I found some plans for coil denitrifiers online and also read a lot of disaster stories. When those things go wrong they go wrong in a big way.

Bio-Pellets are a solid form of vodka dosing. Much easier and safer if directions are followed.

Building a denitritifier plans can be had all over the internet. Do a google search on coil denitrifier. They can be problematic and have caused tanks to crash in 24 hours after running fine for years.

which is easier dosing with vodka or bio pellets?

Back
Top Bottom