Fabulous fry food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I take a small white pail to my pond, submerge it and leave it there for an hour or 2. When I come back it's filled with thousands of tiny swimming things that the fry love. The white pail must be a particular attractant.

probably daphnia, which are also a natural laxative. Feed once or twice a week.

Well, it worked fine in the spring, but in the summer they weren't attracted, so I guess it's a seasonal thing...

Just a plain white pail approx 1 gal. No attractant except the white color.

How do you get infursia( without sitting something outside?). I have made my own fishfood, which is a large mixture since i collect fishfood( technically), here is what i but in it: crunched up omega one tropical flake, crunched up O.S.I. angelfish flake,, crunched up O.S.I. Color Flake, Crunched up Tetramin regular, and Color enhanced, Crunched up Spirlaina Flake, Crunched up Hikari flake( regular), Powederd live bearer food( with tubeifex), and a few other things, but it works like a charm. I grew out baby convicts in 1 month!! I sold them at one inch, but i also did twice weekly water changes.

I had a batch of 25 Giant Danio fry that were growing slowly in a 46 gal planted tank, just getting what they could in the tank. When they got a little bigger, I started crushing up TetraMin tropical crisps between my thumb and index finger and dropping it through a fish net to strain out any flakes that are too big. I've been feeding them several x per day like this and the resulting growth has been phenomenal.

The hard part is the first few weeks after they hatch. In your crushed mixture, do you use it to make a slurry like infusoria or do you feed it dry? Did you start off your convicts on it initially? Do you know how the size of newly hatched convict and danio fry compare?

Back
Top Bottom