Fallow Reef question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well for the first time in 5 years of reefing I got hit with Marine Velvet and hit hard! I lost all my fish. So now I have my reef fallow and will for 2 months to make sure the parasite is gone.

My question is, with no fish in the tank do I need to feed the coral (LPS and SPS)? I always thought my fish poop was partially feeding my coral. So will my tank be so clean in a couple of days I have to add stuff? Or, is this just awesome for my tank because nothing is mucking up the water at all?

Thoughts, suggestions?

I believe corals need a little bit of nutrients. Not only the filter feeders but also those that are photosynthetic ones. Just like nems that needs light to process algae inside them. Not 100% sure but that's how I understand it. Like plants that need light to process the food from underground that are wet.

I believe corals need a little bit of nutrients. Not only the filter feeders but also those that are photosynthetic ones. Just like nems that needs light to process algae inside them. Not 100% sure but that's how I understand it. Like plants that need light to process the food from underground that are wet.

They need nutrients to grow and make more of their fleshy tissue.

Back
Top Bottom