FAT Fish! Over Night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bushido

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok 3 days ago i seen that my little baby guppie had 2 white spots on him

at that time i had

2 Honey Gourami
1 baby guppie
4 neon tetras
1 loach
1 F,betta

well after 2 days of useing <quick cure> to cure ick my baby guppie is dead! so i done a 25% water change last night and now i see my Honey Gourami belly is 3 times bigger? i think its a male because it dont like the other now smaller Gourami thay dont fight all the time but thay do go at it!....

Answer these Qs to ensure we have as much information as possible about your ailing fish and its environment:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
9A~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

#1 Honey Gourami looks vary bloated

#2 the temp is at 75-80 i dont have a test kit so i cant tell you the rest im sry!

#3 20 gal been setup about 3 months now!

#4 bio-wheel P 150!

#5 2 Honey Gourami
4 neon tetras
1 loach
1 F,betta

#6 last night did a 25% and today a 10% i do 20% ever week or 2!

#7 i got the fish at the LPT had it for 3 months one of the first fish i put in!

#8 No

#9 i have 2 kinds of food, loach food and flake for Gourami, tetras and betta!

You dont have a thermometer? the glass tube ones a $2.. a nessisity..
Is you tank cycled?
You need to get a test kit to see if the ammonia, nitrite or nitrate is the problem this will also tell you if your tank is still in good shape as far as its cycle is concerned..

How you acclimate a fish is how you got it ready to put it into your tank.. ie did you float the bag and put a little of your tank water in every 15 min.. for an hour ;or did you get a smooth bucket and put some prime in it and dripped water into it with an airline..its the method you got the fish into the tank from the bag from the petstore..

Bloating is usually caused by constipation. The treatment of choice is peas. Nuke 'em in the microwave for a few seconds, then remove the outer shell of the pea (they can't digest it). You may have to squish the pea a little so smaller fish can eat it.
If he is bloated and the scales are sticking out (like a pinecone) you have a more serious issue-dropsy. If this is the case, search previous posts. There are many good ones on dropsy.

Back
Top Bottom