Faulty heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
My eheim jäger 50w heater seems abit faulty. Just wanted to get confirmation if it is. The on/off lights is constantly on! Only when I turn it down 2/3degree celsius the light will turn on but after a while the lights will turn back on and never turn off again. And doesn't matter what temp I chose (I've chose 26, 27, 27.5) the temp from two of my thermometer reads 28~29. Even after 3 calibration.

Any insight on this problem?

Mr. Limpet said:
Yeah, that's not good. My 200w jager works great and usually off since I have it in a 37g. You do have it submerged below the minimum water mark, right?

Yes I know. Thank god the tank isn't cycled! Or else my Betta will get it! And yes i fully submerged it! So u think I should just return it?

Hubert90 said:
Yes I know. Thank god the tank isn't cycled! Or else my Betta will get it! And yes i fully submerged it! So u think I should just return it?

Do you have a glass thermometer (strip ones are no good IMO/E) in the tank to monitor the temp? Smaller tanks fluctuate more than larger ones, so if it's near a window or something it might have to work harder to keep the temp correct.

If you think it isn't right, I'd take it back myself.

Back
Top Bottom