Feather duster....dead...growing back....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weagle117

Aquarium Advice Regular
Question #2
I bought a pinkish feather duster just a few weeks ago. He lost part of his feathers (crown, I think)... I saw them acting alive a few inches away from the tube... tried to put some shells around it so that the banded coral shrimp might not notice him... Anyway, I just assumed this was the end - I don't have a good record with feather dusters. Later I noticed feathers popping back out of the tube... not as many as before but there nevertheless. Now, the big feathers are gone completely but there is something that looks like it's made of something more like the tube that sticks up close to the top. I looked closely and today there looks like 2 small sets of very tiny feathers attached to the top (not visible in these pics). What was even more odd was that when I got close, it jumped back in the tube like the feathers did . Could there be a worm in there.... with no feathers...maybe trying to grow new ones? I'm attaching pictures in case anyone has had this happen before.

Back
Top Bottom