feather dusters on my LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a_b1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys,
had my frogspawn in for just over a week now and ive noticed three small round furry guys who suck back in when spooked. lookin on the hitchhiker guide it looks like a type of feather duster and tells me this is a beneficial filter feeder. im fine with them being there however they are on the LR that my frogspawn is attached to and very close to the base of the coral.
pic is attached but is very bad, normally i can get decent shots with macro and super macro but its just not playing today. the pic is more for the location anyways, jst to see if they are going to bother my coral. the duster is right in the middle of the pic. they are about 5mm in diameter.DSCF8730.jpg

thanks,
andrea

Attachments

• DSCF8730.jpg
    DSCF8730.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 83
it is prob a feather duster, I cant tell from the pic but.
It will not harm your coral, So dont worry. His a good fella if it is a feather duster.

I would just keep and eye on it for now. removing it at this time might do more damage then good.

thanks guys, its kinda fun to watch...when u walk over to tank it shoots bak in lol..its like a game to get close enough lol

Wow, most featherdusters aren't that sensitive to movements.

Don't worry about them... just little feather dusters growing on the skeleton of the frogspawn. They won't bother the living tissue. No need to remove them.

Back
Top Bottom