Feeding Algae Sheets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chenzo9999

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 4 inch Kole Tang and a 4 inch One Spot Foxface. How often should I offer Nori sheets to them?

If people have experience with two similar sized herbivores - I would greatly appreciate advice.

They are Omnivores, not herbivores. They will take, and should be encouraged to eat meaty foods along with algae. A varied diet is best. If you have good filtration and a decent sized tank I would add nori a few times per week.

They do eat meaty foods when I feed the rest of the tank.

I apologize for the misnomer- I was just using the classification on liveaquaria for both species.

Thank you for the advice. Do you usually feed the nori on the same day as meaty foods or more like - one day meaty, one day nori, one day off and repeat?

I leave a noris sheet out for my tangs and rabbitfish almost every day. Not a whole sheet or anything, just a one by one inch square. I even will put out more than one in a day if they are being extra piggish. lol Like X said, a varied diet is best, I also feed daily mysis, brine, bloodworms and pellets. You may find the other fish in the tank also eat the nori, my filefish absolutely love it and so do some of my wrasses. Go figure. LOL

Two 4" tangs and I would want to give them probably a 1/4 sheet (the 10x10 ones) each time. It's great if you can feed them every day, but just keep an eye on your water quality.
For the every other day scenario, alternating or not, I would say that's not important. What's important is healthy fish, and healthy tank.

Back
Top Bottom