feeding anemone BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeling reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
feeding BTA
My Anemone isn't taken food and was wondering what others are feeding there Bta's. I have tried silversides it acts like it wants to eat it and then several minutes later just lets it go, same thing with krill. It has a Gold stripe maroon clown that hosts it, also it looks very healthy& happy and is inflated nicely. I just have always thought you needed to feed them. Tank is a 180 with 3 250 watt halides and 4 t'5 39 watt actinic lights. I have had the anemone about 2 months. I Test water all the time and all levels are excellent.

it's probably not hungry. Mine has done the same. My bta wouldn't eat for a couple of weeks. I only feed it mysis though. Silversides are generally thought of as not good for a BTA because they're too big for them to digest. I only feed mine once a week at the most. It usually picks up the left overs from food the fish miss too. So between the mysis and the left overs, i think my BTA is getting enough. I know there's others on here that do very similar type feedings.

I wouldn't be worried. BTA's are funny and will get into moods like this.

If you have a GSM clown hosting it, its getting plenty to eat. I rarely feed mine. I agree unless you are chopping the silversides up, it's probably to big. Food items to large will stress the anemone.

I may feed mine once every 2 months if that. Most people overfeed and end up stressing them out.

I never fed mine for the 1st year. He started looging kind of lean so I give him a uncooked shrimp every 10 days or so and he chows down on it.

Back
Top Bottom