Feeding clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe they are omnivores......they eat many things such as flake, frozen and pellet. :)

Yeah I brought my two little occ clowns home and one ate right away. It was weird.

I have Ocellaris, and they eat little mini pellets in the morning that are made for clowns, and they have frozen mysid shrimp in the evening. They really LOVE the shrimp!

Make sure...

The weird thing is I got a Clarkii the other day and he still hasn't touched any food yet. :( I have had no problem getting any of my Occelaris' to eat though.

make sure that the other clownfish aren't bullying the Clarkii which is why he isn't eating. Also, Wild clowns, especially from the Indian Ocean, are notorious for having some form of fluke or transparent parasite. They should always be quarrantined and given a fresh water bath during qt. (You'll see the parasites at the bottom of the container you use for the bath. We used plastic bags so that we could see the things falling off the fish. It was amazing:eek:)

Hope this is the answer (y)

Back
Top Bottom