Feeding cone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have been reading about these contraptions on here but they don't have any at Petsmart, Walmart or Meijer. I am going to hit the LFS up on my next trip to sag but until then I am wondering if they will even have them, or what they are. I saw these feeding block things but is that just fish food already? Or do you put the fish food in it? I am thinking that if I get a feeder that suctions to the wall maybe I can get my fish to eat from that. He hasn't ate all day, or last night. He saw the shrimp but now he wants nothing to do with it and stupid Meijers wouldnt sell me some tiny feeder snails because she thought "they were part of the cleaning crew" , she didn't even know what she was talking about and tried to charge me 2.49 a piece for a bunch of tiny pests... talk about annoying. I wanted to slap that lady lol. She didn't know the first thing about fish. At least I got to help out a customer that she couldnt because she didn't know how air stones worked....

the feeding blocks i seen are so called vacation feeders not what you are looking for. though its always hard to say 100% about anything since people change the name of things at will.

You might be thinking of tubifex feeders. Its a two part contraption, usually of clear plastic. One part is a ring with a suction cup on one side, and the other is a cone with lots of holes (something like craft mesh) that fits thru the ring. The ring holds the cone in place, and you can drop tubifex worms, or blood worms, or whatever, into the cone. The advantage is that the fish can suck the worms out of the holes, and less go to waste. I use them for all sorts of frozen foods, as long as the components fit thru the holes. Brine shrimp works well. I always use aquarium sealant to glue the cone into the ring, and more sealant to secure the suction cup to the ring. Really enthusiastic feeders can bump the whole rig loose, otherwise.

Finding them is tricky. When I stumble across a store that has them in stock, I buy two or three because I do not know when I will see them again!

Search on line for "tubifex feeders"...good luck!

Back
Top Bottom