feeding coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajwilt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently added a coral beauty angelfish to my tank yetserday. The LFS store recommended I feed it frozen angel formula, which I bought. I put half a cube in warm water, and added it to the tank. No one ate it though (including my angelfish). Is this common for a new fish, or are there better ways to do this? I also have formula 2 pellets which the rest of my fish are used to eating. Should I switch back to that? Any suggestions?

Try Hikari marine S food. My flame angel loves it and the LFS up here gets 99% of there pygmy angels to eat it. the frozen angel formula is mainly for the larger angels the really eat alot of sponge in there diets.

They should eat about anything you put in the tank. My coral beauty was eating right off the bat, but some take a few days. Mine is fed and eats:

Mysis shrimp
Brine shrimp
Formula 1
pellets
Marine Cuisine
and other stuff as well.

Give her a few days, i bet she'll come around (do you notice her picking at algae in the tank?) that would be a good sign.

Jim

Most likely it's the stress of being moved. Give it time to aclimate to your tank. Do you have a lot of LR so it can hide and feel comfortable?
Did you see it eat at the lfs before buying it?
What was it being fed at the lfs?

Mine will eat anything I put in the tank (almost). Give it a few days to adjust.

there is live rock and other decor for it to hide in.
I did see it eat in the store a few days before I bought it, and it was eating the same thing I am feeding it.
It does pick at algae and some pods I have in my tank, so she is eating some stuff.
I am hoping to atleast get her to eat what I have for food, and then I will buy different stuff when it is gone. I do have some frozen brine shrimp that I can try also.

Thanks all!

Mine CB eats formula one pellets, my home made blender creation, and picks algae off the rocks. It ate the first day I put it in the tank and has not stopped since.

Back
Top Bottom