feeding habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
was just curious if anybody had any odd feeding habits for their fish... for instance... my oscars are pigs... so first thing i have to do is put about 5-6 jumbo krill in so they get their mouths full of that and my other fish can get some food... then i put a handful of sinking shrimp pellets... very few of which make it to the bottom thanks to the tinfoil barbs and jack dempseys... then i put in a small handful of sinking spirulina pellets which most make it to the bottom so the clown loaches get them... then the tinfoils and jacks vacuum the rest of them up... then i generally put a pinch of flake food in which the oscars now eat most of cuz theyre done chewing the krill... every few days i put in frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp instead of the shrimp pellets... either way... all that food i put in is gone in usually 3 mins or less... my fish are PIGS... just curious if anybody else has a routine or some weird way they have to feed.

yes..."the chain gang" as I call them in my tank (long finned bichir and 3 juvenile angelfish who all "hang out" together...which is weird but awesome at the same time) are eating machines...they decimate everything I put in the tank and most of the other fish want no part of those 4 devouring everything in site so usually I feed them first (the gang) on the left side of the tank with sinking pellets and/or other treats and then feed my others with flakes on the right side of the tank...this usually keeps them all busy enough so everyone gets a fair shake...its funny though...once the others see me feeding on the left they instantly get in postion at the surface on the right side of the tank...

Back
Top Bottom