feeding live black worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abstract373

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive been feeding my fish live black worms and they love it suck it up like if it was spaghetti...just wondering if there is more people feeding there fish the same?I pay $2.50 a portion about an ounce... Is there a cheaper source and where ?(y)

My source is free, my garden, but need to dig lol

never saw them as i was digging in the dirt..many earth worms but i buy mine do to chemicals in the soils dont want to harm my fish or turn them into mutants

wont harm or kill them lol
i wash mine before giving to them, none of my fish have died from that.

its alot more simple to buy 60 red wiggler earth worm for $3.oo at petco there the right size...but im a bit lost you dig up black worms up in your garden?

they are there string like and only get about an 1inch long..i use a feeder cone and drop a clump of them at feeding time my fish just love them and cant get enough of them..there is times they crave them and hit the feeding cone to get my attention to refill it

Mine are not black worms, but earth ones. i dig every sunday.
I just take them, put in a pot, wash, and give to the fish.

Blackworms are cool, just not available locally to many people. Generally speaking, they are a pain to keep for extended periods as they need a good bit of attention, and likewise for culturing.

I culture grindal worms because they are really simple and don't require much attention at all. I also use frozen/thawed bloodworms from time to time, which are similar to blackworms in size and the fish love them.

you should give the black worms a try you wont regret it..your fish would eat them up in a heart beat...(y)

i like to drop the live stuff in to keep the fish active and on the hunt for the feel of the wild plus they stir up the substrate

Back
Top Bottom