Feeding live foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileyface9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any opinions on feeding live foods? I have frozen foods and flake foods. I don't have money for live foods right now, but for future possibilities on live foods does anybody have any opinions on feeding fish live foods? I was thinking about starting out with live brine shrimp??

Live brine shrimp are great. My fish get them every other day. I grow my own shrimp. There are lots of others as well like daphia,black worms,bloodworms,tubifex worms,guppies,feeder comets,rosey reds.

I also feed blackworms,live ghost shrimp and bloodworms.

Live brine shrimp are great. My fish get them every other day. I grow my own shrimp. There are lots of others as well like daphia,black worms,bloodworms,tubifex worms,guppies,feeder comets,rosey reds.

I also feed blackworms,live ghost shrimp and bloodworms.
so i can get the worms in my garden and give to my fish?
i was thinking about that, my mum said im getting crazy just because i gave some cucumber to my pleco too:D

The worms I feed are called red wigglers. Google them to find more about them. But yes you can feed worms from your garden. I just perfer to buy them as I have thousands of fish to feed. ( not enough time to dig for worms)
When you do get the worms from your garden put them in a box for 2 days with some newspaper so they can purge themselves of any waste that is there system. Then feed away.
Depending on your fish you will have to chop them up into bite size pieces.

cool thanks, i would give them worms just for fun, i normally only feed then with 2 kind's of flake food i got, one each time

Thanks :) what about the worms you can buy if you were to go fishing? Is that bad for them or okay? Is it better or worse than garden worms?

Back
Top Bottom