feeding peas to fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I tried to feed my fish peas, I nuked them in some water, squeezed out the little buds on the inside, and chopped them into smaller pieces. But they can't eat it they just suck it in and spit it out. I'm thinking I didn't heat them long enough so they are still too hard for the fish to eat. Thoughts?

I crush them between teaspoons and chop them with between the spoons. Not all fish will eat them though.

Try giving cucumber, plecos love it so do rainbow shark. And some of my other fish like it a little bit too.

Put the peas in a garlic press (also works for other veggies) & squeeze. The shells will stay inside the press & the insides of peas will come out in nice little bit sized bits. :)

What kind of peas are you using fresh? I always use frozen peas, thaw them out in tank water then Pop them out of the shells and throw in the tank. My fish gobble them up.

torres said:
Try giving cucumber, plecos love it so do rainbow shark. And some of my other fish like it a little bit too.

Well I don't have any plecos anymore or I would. I've done it before tho. But anyways the reason I'm using peas at all is for digestion.

Mogurako said:
What kind of peas are you using fresh? I always use frozen peas, thaw them out in tank water then Pop them out of the shells and throw in the tank. My fish gobble them up.

I'm using frozen.

I mash them with a little bit of garlic juice (we buy the garlic that's already minced in a jar, lots of juice) or, when I have some one hand, a garlic supplement made for fish food.

my fish didn't eat the peas / vegetables the first few times I tries... don't feed regular fish food and give peas again.. they will get it sooner rather than later because the will be hungry.. my fish love peas and broccoli :)
what kind of fish are you trying to feed peas?

paytertot said:
Angels discus and medium sized tetras but really its for the bigger fish

I would say do some searching on this website. I don't know much about them. I only keep live breaders and fancy goldfish

Well I know you can feed them to them. I'm pretty sure the problem was that they weren't cooked enough, I just wanted to see how other people do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom