Feeding Polywogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Creamhorses

Aquarium Advice Freak
The other day I came upon a swimming pool with it's cover still on after a long winter. There were thousands of tiny polywogs [frog babies]. Has anyone tried to feed these to their tropical fish? Seems like they would be good live food, if fed small enough.

Dave
:roll:

Iono if Iwould do that, if there in a pool, most likely they have absorbed alot of pool chemicals such as chlorine or something, whihc could kill your fish

No concerns about chlorine...if the pool has been sitting all winter, all the chlorine will have long since gassed off....and if any other chemicals were present in an appreciable quantities, the tads would be dead or deformed.

Personally, I would raise them...raising them is far more interesting and fun than just feeding them off...and who knows, perhaps they are of a species uncommon to your area.

Well I'm going to give it a try. I'll not need to visit the swimming pool though; I've found a few billion of these tads @ the edge of a pond close to the house.
I'm thinking my male killie fish will grab the first one, as he usually attacks anything I drop into the water after lifting the lid.

Thanks for the comments

Dave

Back
Top Bottom