feeding questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wishbone

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm trying to make sure my plecos get a little extra something to eat and I don't seem them out during the day. So I'm guessing I should try feeding them at night, but when I drop some alge wafers in most of the tank goes for them. Should I try feeding the entire tank at night so I can keep the others interested in other food?

I haven't seen my king tiger out at all so I hope he's eating something.

If you feed vegies this should help. Others have answered similar questions, try a search for feeding vegies you should come up with heaps of suitable threads with how to do it.

Right - my plecos go nuts over zuchinni, but the other fish don't eat it so there is no guesswork about whether the plecos are eating. You can also feed the algae wafers after lights out, and that means lights out in the room also, since the other fish won't try to feed in the dark but the plecos will.

TankGirl said:
Right - my plecos go nuts over zuchinni, but the other fish don't eat it so there is no guesswork about whether the plecos are eating. You can also feed the algae wafers after lights out, and that means lights out in the room also, since the other fish won't try to feed in the dark but the plecos will.

I have my autofeeder feed sinking shrimp pellets at 2:00 in the morning for just this reason.

Back
Top Bottom