Feeding tropical fish shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kondoe

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys i've got a quick question.

Can shrimp (from salt water) be fed to tropical fish?

here are pics of the shrimp im talking about.... i don't wan't to go buy some (live) and feed them to my tiger barbs without knowing anything.

Attachments

• 2a92qmv.jpg
    2a92qmv.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 125
  • shrimo.jpg
    shrimo.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 609
Kondoe said:
Hey guys i've got a quick question.

Can shrimp (from salt water) be fed to tropical fish?

here are pics of the shrimp im talking about.... i don't wan't to go buy some (live) and feed them to my tiger barbs without knowing anything.

I don't see why not.

how about cherry shrimp? my lfs has loads of cherry shrimp, would they be a good snack for tiger barbs?

Kondoe said:
how about cherry shrimp? my lfs has loads of cherry shrimp, would they be a good snack for tiger barbs?

An expensive snack, but yes. Look into brine or ghost shrimp instead. They're cheaper.

You could feed them blanched and shelled peas for a treat. Other wise I would just feed them exclusively on a high quality food like new life spectrum (NLS) or hakari gold.

Cherry shrimp are not expensive for me more lfs gives me them for free :) i was thinking about getting a small tank just for cherry shrimp and breed them so i can use them as food once a week or so.

a few deays ago my lfs gave me 11 cherry shrimp for free, and said whenever i want some to just ask and he will give me a few.

We feed ours brine shrimp like twice a week for a change. They go nuts-o for the stuff!

Back
Top Bottom