Feeding while on vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crossthreaded

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just curious what the best thing to do to feed them while I'm away on vacation for 4 days. One site said that I can go without feeding them for a few days. I can get my mother to come feed them once maybe twice while I'm gone.

I was thinkin to maybe put a bunch of algae wafers in for the cory's and get a feeder block for the rasboras.

I have 7 rasboras, 3 corys, and 2 plecos.

thanks.

Four days without food will not hurt the fish. If you want measure out food for your Mom so she doesn't over feed. I would not recommend extra food or one of those feeder blocks. Not feeding is a better option.

Ditto what Rich311k said.

Those feeder blocks are made of plaster. As they dissolve, they tend to raise the pH and leave a slimy lumpy mess to clean up. They don't contain much food either.

I've left my fish for five days without food - no problems whatsoever.

ok cool, just wasn't sure what to think about the webpage. I just did a quick google search for it cuase i couldn't find it on here.

No big deal if my mom can't swing past then.

thanks.

Yeah, I'd just not feed them. The worse vacation/fish experience I've ever had was when I trusted a roommate (with instructions and demonstrations mind you) to feed the fish while I was gone. You'll cause much more damage by someone overfeeding. They'll be fine for up to a week (more probably if you have plants).

Just put the all food for them and u come back remove the remaining.

Back
Top Bottom