Feeding yoyo loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My yoyo loach that I had for 4 years loved flakes (he seemed to prefer the TetraMin staple flake), sinking catfish pellets (to the point of being territorial with them when my poor gibbiceps pleco would try to get them), shrimp pellets, and freeze-dried tubifex worms.
Also, mine never seemed to mind gravel (I've never tried sand as a substrate), and survived one unplanned visit out of the tank (picking up some dust along his trip), and many a swim into my filter box on the back of the tank.

Thank you for the response! I did see the one eat a few flakes but she is still alive so I assume she is eating something. She is still very active just not getting any fatter like the other one. Hopefully she (I decided it was a girl lmao) but I have been keeping a very close eye on her and I still see her picking through the sand so I can only hope she is getting something to eat!! Thank you guys again for all the responses!! I am so thankful for this website!! :)

Besides my clown I also have an Angelicus and a striata and I barely ever see them eat but see them rooting around all the time, when they're little maybe it's just the way they are

Well I have greatt news! They are both eating now! The skinny one is slowly putting weight on and muchh more active now!! I was so worried for a while. I was sure I was going to lose it but they are both doing great. Thank you again everyone for all the replies and suggestions!! I am going to pick up some different foods here soon and try them out as well!!

They have now upgraded to eating my larger (but still baby) apple snails!! I am kind of sad about it but I have a million so its alright with me :) The one is still rather thin but I can definitely tell it has put on some weight! The other is muchh bigger and has a little belly on him :) Thank you guys again! I now have two happy loaches an hope to get more and different kinds some time down the road! :)

Back
Top Bottom