Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EddieJ123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two clown fish with two mollies. I feed at 3:30 and 9pm. I feed pellets and shrimp but it doesn't look like the little clowns are eating the pellets. They just pick at them and let them sink. I feed them flakes and they ate a lot. Should I feed the flakes instead?

I would cut back on feeding so much, your asking for algae issues. Most people feed about 3x a week, not twice a day

And IMO stop pellets and flakes. Mostly goes uneaten and ends up adding to excess nitrates and phosphates. Stick with frozen foods. If mollies only eat flake then make or buy a floating food ring and only put enough in the ring that the mollies will eat.

And IMO stop pellets and flakes. Mostly goes uneaten and ends up adding to excess nitrates and phosphates. Stick with frozen foods. If mollies only eat flake then make or buy a floating food ring and only put enough in the ring that the mollies will eat.

I'll use new life spectrum pellets for my shrimp, but that's only once a week and 2-3 of the .5mm pellets. I agree totally about flakes and other pellet foods though.

IMO Variety is the way to go. I feed frozen mysis and frozen vitamin fortified brine shrimp. I also feed flake. I feed these every other day and on the off days I feed dried seaweed for my tangs.

I agree variety is best. I alternate between live blood worms, frozen: brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, chopped oyster, chopped prawn, and some other frozen foods I have. Supplement with algae sheet for tangs and other algae eaters as well.

I feed once a day. But my filtration/maintenance can handle the load.

Back
Top Bottom