Female Dwarf Gourami ill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, my famelae Dwarf Gourami has been acting a bit differently lately, less active but still swimming around and eating from what I have seen. She just isn't as active as usual and another thing is she seems to be swimming round with her back fin up 75% of the time? I just wanted to check if that was signs of anything or am I just reading to much into it.

The tank is a Fluval Roma 90 Litre (20 Gallon) been running since late March.
Amonia: 0 - 0.25 (can never tell difference in colour so always side with 0.25)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate : 0
I do regular 10% water changes each week (sometimes 2 weeks if I get busy)
Water is always clear, plants grow really well.
I feed them flake each day, Algae Wafer once or twice a week for the Clown Plec and Zebra loaches. Then give them some frozen blood worm once a week.

So ny advice would be grately appreciated.
Regards
Sam.

Fins being up would be good sign not a bad sign. If she is eating and her color is good. I would just watch and see how she does.

Fins being up would be good sign not a bad sign. If she is eating and her color is good. I would just watch and see how she does.

Ah great thanks mate, I'll keep an eye on her, might be having a quite spell, one of my Mollys did the same a while ago, seem to hide away all the time, sit up the top behind the filter things like that same as what the Gourami is doing now but the Molly is better than ever so hopefully just a phase :)

Back
Top Bottom