Fertilisation question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quitters

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i think i can do this without really needing test kits but i need a couple of questions answered please . . .

I have iron rich substrate tabs for the substrate
i have a liquid fertiliser - 0.6 - 0.3 - 2.4 plus trace elements
i have an iron rich, liquid fertiliser also containing trace elements

my questions are

would the iron rich fertiliser called dupla plant 24 (meant to be used daily), containt NPK if it doesnt say it does on the bottle, although it does say its phosphate free?

i need to know this so i can adjust the liquid NPK fertiliser so im not overdosing.

Last question is can you overdose on trace elements?

if it doesn't say it contains NPK, then it doesn't contain NPK. the fact it says "phosphate free" means there's no P in it.

Iron is a trace nutrient...so you don't really need an 'iron rich' fert.
You don't have a ton of light.
You don't mention CO2 injection.

You'll likely only need to add trace mix, and maybe some potassium. You'll simply have to see how the plants do.

I would still test nitrate though.

Ok thank you!

I have about 3.5wpg and im using nutrafin Co2 injection so ive been told i do need to fert a bit. oh and i am testing nitrate.

can you easily overdose on trace elements anyone?

As long as you keep it in moderation, its hard to overdose traces. Start with the manufacturer's recommended amounts, and gradually increase if your plants show trace deficiency, or if you're the experimenting type and want a little more color. There's a lot of info on the Dupla line in the archives at thekrib.com, including what very advanced aquarists dose into their tanks, fwiw.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom